Organic Marketing is a part of digitally marketing your services or business on different digital platforms and devices without spending money. Literally, organic marketing is the mix of natural, expense free and creative marketing ideas. Inbound marketing is the alternate term for Organic Marketing.
How do you reap the benefits of Organic Marketing?
Organic Marketing is not an instant process. It involves time and effort investment rather than funds. You need to be consistent in marketing your services naturally and applying various tools and resources in doing so. A few tips to get better outcomes of organic marketing are being consistent in posting at regular intervals, SEO optimization of your content, guest posting on various blogs / websites and allowing guest posting on your page too, utilisation of as many social media platforms as you can, joining free referral programs online, connecting and engaging with your customers, organizing a contest or a giveaway, run organic ads on Facebook, hiring a PR person for marketing campaign ideas, etc.
The free traffic sources of organic marketing are emails, SEO, video content creation, sharing of documents online, webinars, blogs, comments, posting questions and answers on Quora and Reddit, social media campaigns etc.
Organic Digital Marketing
Digital marketing encompasses all the available digital devices to market and publicize a business. Unlike paid marketing, where a business pays for advertising it's services, organic marketing is free from expenses. One of the components of organic digital marketing is organic social media marketing.
All social media marketing is digital marketing but digital marketing does not necessarily mean it's through social media. Digital Marketing is a huge concept and SMM is just a part of it.
Organic Social Media Marketing
Unpaid marketing using various social media platforms is organic SMM. According to a survey, almost 70% of US residents use at least one of the social media platforms. Not only the US, but social media is used globally now. People of almost all the age groups have an account on either of the platforms. The youngsters of the nation are avid social media users. Some of the organic SMM strategies are discussed below.
The general social media platforms are Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest and Snapchat. Certain plans for increasing your reach and audience on these platforms with the use of the provided free social media tools are
- Post regularly and consistently
- Use relevant hashtags while posting on Twitter and Instagram
- Create Ig stories and Igtv videos to educate your customers
- Be keen on educating your audience rather than only promoting your business
- Reply to people's queries and comments. This way, you'll get to know more about their demand and your provision.
- Be active on multiple mediums. Create related profiles
- Ask questions directly using using Instagram and Facebook stories
- Build relationships with your customers by being authentic
- Market your business/ services using videos. Videos are proven to be more educational and effective than textual content.
- Invite your customers to social media and engage with them by posting evergreen content
- Take help of influencers to promote your page/ services
Your social media pages and blogs should be educational, inspirational, useful and problem solving. This will generate huge traffic and make you worth finding. Google Analytics, Buffer, Tweetdeck, Bitly are some marketing tools for social media. Organic marketing is not rocket science, but it does require some effort. Although it takes time to reap the benefits, it will generate consistent traffic on your page.
Creation of brand awareness and product/service awareness among the public is the foremost step in any kind of marketing. This could be done using the various unpaid marketing tools like cold e-mail, word of mouth, blog posts, guest posting, regular updates on Instagram and Facebook, regular unpaid tweets etc. Certain well-planned steps are to be considered while drafting the organic marketing strategy.
Organic Marketing Funnel
There is a five-step strategy to effectively incorporate organic marketing in your business.
- Plan your content based on its SEO, keywords, visibility, and the frequency of posting on your blogs. The best way to do this is to build a content calendar. Content is the only key to effective marketing, be it inbound or paid. Evergreen content will keep your business evergreen. It is the conversation starter and problem solver on various platforms. Also, how much time you invest on your own site is also an important part.
- Reach of your page is one of the vital points to be considered. This could be increased by allowing sharing your posts on other outposts.
- Call to Action is the next step when you can convince your fans or visitors to take an immediate action either by using the interactive UI of your page, or by using chatbots or polls.
- Convert your followers into clients and customers by proper brand promotion, valuable services and affordable prices.
- Advocacy of happy customers will generate more customers and visitors hence will effectively increase sales, value and brand awareness.
Businesses shall prevail if they are visible online. If you want to be noticeable, you need to be online and social. No wonder organic marketing will take time to convert leads into clients but it will generate consistent traffic and earn huge turnovers and goodwill. Small businesses and newly launched ones are suggested to follow the organic marketing strategies in their initial years.